Position: Senior Pastor
First Baptist Church 8602-98 Street
Peace River, Alberta T8S 1G4 Phone (780) 624-2611
General Position Description:
First Baptist is a dynamic Christian Church characterized by Biblical preaching, teaching and a strong mission emphasis, where we have both sent out and supported many missionaries.
We are blessed with many gifted and talented people, an attitude of servanthood to others, joy in worship and a reliance on prayer. We believe our main purpose to be making “Disciples of Christ”.
In recent years we have witnessed our church family grow. We are privileged to have many young families represented in our fellowship as well as many senior members. We eagerly await the man God will call to work with us.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Master of Divinity or equivalent training.
- Ordained or willing to be ordained with Canadian Baptists of Western Canada.
- Pastoral experience not less than 5 years.
- Eﬀective communication skills
- Motivated and gifted for preaching & teaching God’s Word
- Spiritually mature as outlined for pastors in Scripture
- Healthy conflict resolution
- Vision casting and inspiring the strategy process to stay on course
- Having evaluative skills regarding members gifts and abilities
- Preach and teach the Word of God (Eph 4:11-16). Be the primary “Preaching Pastor “sharing the pulpit on occasion with the Associate Pastors.
- To work in a multi-staﬀ situation as a team leader.
- The Senior Pastor will work in conjunction with a worship team and /or the Music Committee to prepare for worship service.
- Administer the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
- Reports monthly to the Church Council and the Board of Elders.
- To be responsible under God and in cooperation with the Oﬃcers of the church for the spiritual direction of the church, subject to the oversight of the Church particularly as expressed by the Board of Elders and the Church Council.
- The Senior Pastor is directly in charge of Preaching and Pastoral Care, (visitation, pastoral care, ministering in crisis). He will be the front line care-giver in a crisis situation, and be involved in the counselling process except where referral is necessary.
- The senior pastor may also contribute significantly to the teaching ministry in the area of discipleship.
- In areas of administration and leadership the Pastor will work as a Team Leader with the oﬃcers of the Church – primarily the Board of Elders and the Church Council.
- Maintain interaction with the local Christian Ministerial and the Canadian Baptist Ministerial
- Maintain a healthy balance between ministry and family life.
Terms of Employment:
When a Pastor is called to the First Baptist Church, Peace River a letter of understanding will be written outlining the precise terms under which he is to be employed. Following are the matters that are to be covered:
- Car allowance
- Book allowance
- Professional Development
- Banﬀ Pastor’s Conference
- Annual Assemblies
- Fringe Benefits: Medical/Dental, Pension, Sick Leave
- Weekly Days oﬀ
- Salary Review
- Moving expenses
If there arise other issues or situations that the prospective candidate or the church would like to have addressed in the letter of understanding, these will be addressed upon request in order to avoid misunderstanding – and to avoid failing to discuss some matter in the settlement.
To be negotiated in keeping with CBWC Guidelines with an understanding of the costs of living in a northern community, composition will be fairly presented.
For More Information & To Apply, Contact:
Please submit your resume and current MIP (Ministry Information Profile) to:
First Baptist Church Pastoral Selection Committee Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until successful candidate is called